Semi- offer)))

delete

did you literally get the words "we are extending you an offer for $x for the role of “Y”… etc

legally, there may not be much you can do if it’s not in writing.

how many days are we talking about here?

Sometimes things come up and people go over on days. I have had official offers come over a week after the date they said, sometimes there is a bunch of red tape tying it up. If its been a few days there is no hard in shooting the person an email and mentioning that you were told you would hear back and were looking for an update.

It was more like “we are seeing to sending you an opening offer”.

Oh no, I was not even thinking about the legal enforcement here.

Less than a week past their self-imposed deadline.

Thanks. In that case I will wait for a few more days.

a week isn’t bad. I would have given it at least 2

delete

Its been a while, I think it calls for a follow up email. Just make sure the way you phrase it comes off positive and it should be fine

Ok, got it, thanks.

I’ve seen only 1 other company does that has done it like this. where they are basically getting you to accept the actual terms before the terms are even formally in writing

it’s very odd.

They do this in law recruiting from what I’ve heard, so as not to be rejected, but keep in mind that’s in a setting where there are a set pool of candidates vying for the jobs at different firms in a set time period. . It’s odd for finance

Quite unconventional indeed.

Update: Got it, and… quite unconventional indeed…

However, I will go for it.

Congrats!

Thanks!

Update: this offer ended into nothing. I am still waiting for the contact. Supposedly the contract is one the way… but it did not get to me! It is the very end of the time where I can pass my notice to start on time. I am speechless. Maybe it is normal on some planet but I am feeling like the last idiot right now. Lost so much time not applying.

sorry it ended up like this.

unfortunately the old lesson still applies… “get it in writing”

which is why i never celebrate until that is true

Did you follow up? What kind of shop is this? You might be the real winner here not getting the job.

“get it in writing” reminded me of this story.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25100797/phil-mickelson-and-his-caddies-5-million-note

5mm is very very low estimate imo.

OP, keep applying and keep chugging along, no don’t chug along just plow through it!

delete

Thanks, that was a sweet support.

I really appreciate it!

I know that some people may disagree with me, but slow paperwork does not have to be reflective on an actual experience to come.

The main reason for the strange communication was an extremely busy moment for the shop of their size and they apologised for that many times in the end.