Deleted

[original post removed]

You’re very unlikley to be hired into a Finance role with your Economic degree, even with a couple of levels of the CFA passed. I dual majored in Economic & Finance and no one ever gives my econ degree more than 2 seconds of consideration. Most importantly, here is very little material that you covered in undergrad that is applicable day 1 out of college which makes you a bit unattractive for immediate employment.

The CFA exam may help you understand some finance material better but it won’t offset the shotty undergraduate degree. Not sure how serious your financial situation is but i’d highly suggest looking into an MBA with an emphasis on Finance before starting the CFA, you’ll get more out of it.

did you go to oxbridge? if yes, it doesn’t matter what you majored in…if not, just do your cfa and work on your modeling skills and apply/network. i am sure you will get ops or bo job or even FO who knows and then think about getting an mba.

Deleted

You don’t always need experience to be accepted in an MBA program. ie Stanford: "No preferred amount of work experience for the Stanford MBA Program

One of the many myths floating around is that you need to have a certain number of years of work experience before you become eligible for admission to business school. This may be true for some schools but NOT for the Stanford MBA Program." http://web.stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/2007/08/no_work_experience_required_to.html

That applies to very exceptional people…

yeah I agree… exceptional people that probably will not be bothering with CFA exams…

that’s the silicon valley funded entrepreneur clause.

welcome to the post-undergrad grind. take a seat and wait for your number to be called.

You can go with your decision…Improve your knowledge in finance. According to a brilliant person like you, Self learning is enough to be the master of finance.