Any firms known to hire CFA Candidates?

Hello all,

Is anybody aware of firms that hire CFA candidates / give special consideration to CFA candidates? I know there are a few that are known to hire charterholders, but I am wondering specifically about entry-level/junior roles that seek out CFA candidates.

Thanks.

If you passed all the levels and can’t land a job at the moment, maybe you could get a gig teaching the CFAI CBOK at Schweser or something for now. I think it counts as experience as well if you’re looking for some to obtain the charter.

I’ve never heard of any particular firm that has this policy. It’s more about the specific person in whatever team that may have more of a preference for candidates. You will see listings saying CFA candidate or charterholder preferred

CFA might open some doors but it won’t be the defining criteria.

For equity research and portfolio management it’s pretty cirtical

I recently saw a position of a JUNIOR ER analyst where the charter was required. The market is suprising me every day)))

^ why do you put ))) at the end of your sentence in place of a ‘.’

PIMCO likes charterholders.

I just joined a mutual fund in equity research role, they specifically mentioned CFA candidate/charterholders in the job profile. I’ve seen quite a few places that specifically mention CFA candidacy as part of the requirement.

I passed all levels but have unrelated work experience. I graduated from college 4 years ago but can’t seem to find a job like the one you’ve described. I am assuming you had some relevant work experience.

I never get a call back from jobs I’ve applied to. I have been unemployed for close to 2 months now.

Welcome to the “booming” US economy! :wink:

2 months isn’t time to worry yet, but you should be still hustling.

It can be a very lenghy and aggravating process, mine was. Just need to keep hustling and talking to people. I did have research background but it was on the credit side so I had to explain how the skills are transferrable in terms of the tasks I did.

Think about it though, why should someone hire a person with unrelated experience when there are hundreds of candidates with the related experience plus they also have the CFA candidacy. Only things I can think of that set you apart is if there are some type of networking relationship or alumni relationship that put you in front of the crowd.

THAT is just the first hurdle-getting the interview, you still have to nail the interview and win over the other qualified candidates, definitely need some luck and perseverence on your part but good luck! Sounds impossible but I think if you keep at it and get some relevent work experience it’s definitely doable.

must be T Hoe

For us in the Philippines, Junior Equity Analyst requires to pass atleast level 2 for the position :smiley:

and the companies are the Local brokerage firms.

I may have to move down to Phillippines if things don’t work out in US&A. I am applying for entry level gigs but still no callbacks from 2nd/3rd tier firms. Maybe I should just leave financial services industry altogether and move into Corporate Finance. Oh well.