Equity Research Compensation 2016

Palantir wrote:

So more seriously, what is the actual range right now?

curious about this as well

You keep playing the short game and I'll keep playing the long game

kferdy wrote:

Ok wow. So many replies. Well I can assure you I’m not trolling. Even if sell-side doesn’t make these numbers. Buyside definitely does. At least 2-5 times as much at each level.

Ok also. One of my friends graduated in 2014 with an engineering degree and works at Jefferies. He was able to get some pretty competitive offers. After 1.5 years working there he makes close to 200k. This is sell-side. Biotech/Pharma ER. 

I haven’t seen his pay stubs, but the way he did it was he applied for IB jobs while he was in ER and got some callbacks. He used these offers to leverage his way up and increase his pay. All you have to do is play the game guys. I mean he’s 23-4 and making nearly 200k. The base went from 70 to 120k. In one year. So eat that.

Believable. My bonus is several multiples of my salary, yet I am not even in the top 20% of earners in my own firm. I know this bc I still qualify for dependent care reimbursements as a non-“highly compensated” employee. That means that at least 20% of my firm is making bank on a yearly basis.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/tiger_woods_alleged_mistress_...

I know that if I go into ER, Ill probably make a great deal of money but will have to work 60 to 80 hours a week. So now Im looking at becoming a wholesaler for a BulgeBracket. I probably wont make more than 5mil, but at least it’s 9-5 cold calling and playing golf all day.

Ive created another thread with my estimated compensation ranges before I go through with my plans. Even though youre all ER folks, youre welcome to take a look at it.

kferdy wrote:
I know that if I go into ER, Ill probably make a great deal of money but will have to work 60 to 80 hours a week. So now Im looking at becoming a wholesaler for a BulgeBracket. I probably wont make more than 5mil, but at least it’s 9-5 cold calling and playing golf all day.

Lol

plumber > stripper > experience > CFA > MBA