Post Graduate Studies

Greetings All!

So I passed all levels of the CFA (thank the gods) and I am thinking of doing some sort of masters in the future.

My question is, is it worthwhile to do a masters in finance given that I have already done the CFA? same argument with MBA with a concentration in finance? Should I stick to MBA, general business (like International Business etc…)? choose something that I like but might not be finance related (away from the hard sciences) , given that i already passed the CFA, that should not be a big deal? any other options to look out for?

What are your career goals?

^+1

Plus, are we talking about an MBA at Harvard? Or an MBA at Local State University? If it’s the latter, I’d say you’re wasting your time. If it’s a quality MBA, then that’s a harder discussion.

As Ohai said, this would depend on career goals. If you want to do finance, do the finance concentration or Masters in Finance. The CFA really isn’t quantitative or hard science and won’t be viewed as such. For the most part your MBA concenetration really doesn’t matter but can help show you have interest in a particular field in early interviews.

With no name MBA you might get a job in retail banking but honestly that has not much to do with finance. If we are talking top MBA then its different…

No Idea what my career goals are at the moment. I recently started in a management consulting/financial consulting position (M&A, valuation, refinance etc…) and I am enjoying it.

I am not in the US so no top 10 universities around, although their are 1 or 2 US universities that opened up branches here.

To rephrase the original question does a masters in finance, MBA concentration finance etc… add value if you have already done the CFA?

To rephrase the original response, that depends on what your career goals are.

Depends, which gods are you thanking?

People today:

No idea what to do for a career --> get a degree and hope it helps --> cry about student debt --> vote for Bernie Sanders

lol

how about you pursue a degree in info technology, computer science, or programming of some sort.