Excel courses by the Marquee Group

CFA Society offers Financel Modeling, Excel coursese by The Marquee Group. How are they? Every class charges around $400 per day. I am wondering if it worthes the money?

I am also taking BIWS Financial Modeling training. How much more value The Marquee Group courses is going to add on top of BIWS?

Man, I should start offering Excel courses…

Haven’t done it yet but I’m doing BIWS after L2. From what I’ve heard that is enough and you can build off of yayyy. Any sort of in person training seems like a waste of time, but I’m a self study person

$400 a day sounds pretty darn steep to me, unless the classes are aimed at more advanced levels with top class techniques being taught which are hard to find elsewhere for free.

If the course is aimed more at beginners or intermediate levels, then I would suggest you can get the same level of info for much cheaper from online sources.

I would be amazed if they can actually add $400 worth of value a day for beginners.

do a search, I and several others have commented on this in depth

Not sure about Marquee group, but I would also check your alma mater – some college finance clubs organize for organizations like that to come in nad do discounted courses for students and alumni (if you ask nicely/negotiate with the club board and offer to help/mentor kids).

I took two day TTS course via my school for $50, while retail was over $1,000 at the time.

I also took a self-study TTS course prior to in-person, and I think the value added was good, but not worth $1,000 retail.

However, BIWS platinum is >$1,000 so I think Marquee Group would have been the better option. But I since you already started, I wouldn’t consider BIWS a sunk cost and just make the best of it.