3 degrees and a CFA. Is it normal?

I have a Bachelor of Science in STEM. After graduating and while working, I ended up going to school part-time for a Master of Science in STEM. I was working in something related to finance but not in the role that I wanted. I was not confident about my dedication to pass all of the CFA exams at that time so I decided to go for my MBA full-time. I’m working again and will get the CFA. It feels that it is too many degrees and maybe the MBA wasn’t even necessary. I have my regrets. I am considering omitting the first Master’s off my resume since it was part-time so there will be no gap. Any thoughts?

Sounds good man, too much education can definitely raise some eyebrows, MBA is a good idea after few years of solid industry experience.

What is it you want to do? “Something related to finance” is too vague MBA and CFA may or may not be overkill depending on what you are trying to get into

Investment research/portfolio management. Should I leave the 1st Master’s off my resume assuming I finish the CFA? It does seem like an overkill the way it is shown.

You can get a master’s in STEM now? What would that even mean, exactly, or do you just mean a master’s in a STEM field?

STEM field

that’s overkill haha

For science, what are your degrees in, specifically?

Just my opinion, but I would leave it on. Theres nothing wrong with your education, you just changed your career goals after several years of work.

I have met quite a few people in grad school who already have a Masters. If you go into research, I think that your first masters would be a point of differentiation, if you were trying to cover companies that you would have a better understanding of, as a result of your STEM background.