Financial ANalyst

Do they hire non Accountancy graduate for a financial analyst position?

or they prefer CPA?

If ever a finance graduate breaks in to Financial Analyst position, IN the long run, is there a same growth opportunity vs a CPA ?

By looking at all of your posts buddy, I think you are trying to find anwsers and trying to convince yourself based on reponse you get here. Damn Wrong way to pursue things… If I say yes, would you start preparing for CPA? If I say no, would you go for CFA? Most of the people here work in USA but you are in different geograhical settings. Think about that first! Go out and talk to professionals in your local area.

I’m here becuae i’m personally interested in becoming a financial analyst :slight_smile:

Financial analysts in Canada are accounting jockeys. They range from 40k to 80k and then they become controllers and those people crack money (120k which is high for canada).

They all require CPA or related designations or progression towards it.

crack mony? Is $120k supposed to be good? that seems low to me

^^^ think that was typo on his part. he forgot 1 or 2 zeros at then end.

I dunno with the taxes over there 120k doesn’t seem like a lot, but hey you get free shits.

120k loonies… pass

120k is pretty low for a controller. We pay our junior analysts (1-3 years exp) about $75k to $80k. Our managers make quite a bit more than $120k. At any reasonable sized firm a controller is making $180+. Those are just base #'s.

What city are you in?

[quote=“geo”]

120k is pretty low for a controller. We pay our junior analysts (1-3 years exp) about $75k to $80k. Our managers make quite a bit more than $120k. At any reasonable sized firm a controller is making $180+. Those are just base #'s.[/q What about entry level financial analyst? 60-70k? I’m planning for that career path. Accounting for few years and then financial analyst…

Accountants are g*y.

What do you call graduates who work in min. wage job?

g*y

Accountants. Also, economics majors.

So, which g*y is better? Min. Wage one or accountant? You know the answer.

That’s a trick question… they’re one in the same

min. wage one…? I dunno.

Absolutely!! And I don’t wanna be that one.

How? One mop the floor other doesn’t.