Career Move from Back Office to Revenue Side

I have a BA degree in Psychology and I’m trying to get my very own CFA charter and use it as a leverage to escape the quicksand known as “back office”.

I’m currently a product controller at one of the big four banks in the US. However, the work is not very interesting and repetitive.

Any advise on how I can move from BO to FO?

Do it early (asap) longer you stay in back office the more you will become profiled as a back office guy. Try network internally - don’t know if you have friends in front office and can get in on drinks etc. with their teams after work? Also let HR know you are interested in exploring a switch in case any openings come up - as long as you’ve shown you are a capable person who can learn quickly and do a good job, people always prefer internal hires as less unknowns and cheaper (no signing bonus etc)

^ I would be very cautious about letting HR know you want to switch. you are marked as a flight risk with no loyalty, and if things go bad, you are first to be fired. at the junior-intermediate levels, EVERYONE is expendable.