Sources to Learn Using the Bloomberg Terminal

Hello,

Anybody know of good sources that will help me learn and master this powerful software?

There is a Bloomberg certification which you can complete on Bloomberg terminal. You’ll need to watch a few videos and then answer questions based on those videos. Videos explain almost everything. Name of this certification is Bloomberg Essentials.

Hope this helped.

There’s no manual, you just play with it, click help, and goto the courses when they are in town.

I’m “certified” but that’s so easy, it’s meaningless.

These certificates are bad. Looking for something that will help me “master” not that looks nice on the resume.

the only way to learn is by uisng. there are something like 35K+ functions.

pull up something you are familiar with and go through all the options.

after you click on a security it brings up all the options and you can expand each section

Can’t you summon the Bloomberg sales rep to your work and get them to walk through everything? 70% chance it’s a hot chick, but for some reason, mine is a 45 year old guy…

^hacksaw shop

^lol seriously what are the odds of that. both of mine are super model types who fly in from new york

I was on the grad scheme at bloomberg - received a manual with all the main functions circa 2009 for all the key asset classes. Youll never know them unless you work with them daily. I covered ABS, and its not until you get asked various questions that you start to dive deeper into the true functionality and power of the terminal. There are cheat sheets if you press help go and someone from analytics can forward it on to you.

you need a reason to go on the terminal. going on to just browse is pointless. think of something you want to look up, and try to get there. they have an amazing help service that will guide you through whatever you want to find/do.

and then, as ohai said, contact your rep

This. I tried learning it before I started at my job and it was utterly pointless. The more you use functions the more you become a robot with it. In a good way.

Do this

Very true. Although my former rep was a 6’3" former Marine.