Out since financial crisis; still trying to get back in

I’m looking for opportunities in finance. I’ve been out of the financial industry since the crisis but I’ve been working on technical skills and doing Financial Engineering. I’ve completed cfa level I and ii but I’m having trouble anyone giving me any interviews.

I do get some but the rate isn’t that great. I’ve recently finished a trade algo project for a position and was told I finished within top 10 in 1500 algo submissions but I was told my job background is off. I told him the situations but it didn’t persuade him.

I really want to go back into finance. I try really hard every year to get back but no one seems to understand what I’m going through and the persistency I take. Any ideas how I can make better?

Please help.

Where are you located, and what is your backup if you never make it back into “finance”? Also, what did you do before, how old are you, and what kind of jobs constitute “finance” for you?

hmmm top 10? why not trade for yourself?

Because intelligent people don’t trade using their own capital :slight_smile:

[edited]

Honey Bunny.

you seem smart - just go for 700+ GMAT and MBA to propel you - right?

I don’t mean to sound harsh, but if plan A doesn’t work for a decade, maybe it’s time for plan B ?