regulatory risk management (CCAR, DFAST, Basel) career?

Hi,

I am wondering how the job market for regulatory risk management (CCAR, DFASt, Basel, Stress testing, etc.) at an investment bank look like?

Is it a good field to start your career? Are there any “exit options” for this kind of role? How long does it take to make $200k in the role? Can anybody share their experience please?

Drumpf is gonna get rid of Dodd Frank so this is an area I would avoid for the next 8 years shun.

Reg framework will still exist regardless of what trump does. There maybe a shift in focus away from the existing model on how to measure attributable capital and replaced by something simpler. The job is still there and regulators want to know impact on gms and ppnr. Exit options - head of risk / CFO / control / compliance. 200k Salary - VP level shouldn’t be a problem.

And how many years does it usually take for undergraduates to become VP? Is 200K salary including any bonus?

You’re in the wrong line of finance if you want to make that kind of dough. Some do, but you need to be really special. Better yet, pose this question to the interviewer.

dbl

how do you mean?

Where do you live? A VP in this role in an investment bank in NYC maybe makes only 180k

NYC

Does the 180K include any bonus? Also, what takes one to become a VP in that role? How many years does it take for an analyst to become VP?

8-10 years, look at glassdoor, probably all-in comp could reach $225k, depending on how the bank is doing.

Isn’t $225k considered a lot of money…? I guess different people have different standards.

Also, I believe this kind of jobs are more stable (in terms of job security) than front office roles like IBD and Trading, although the amount of bonus will be significantly lower than the front office roles.

It’s decent nothing amazing for NYC

But do most people working in NYC live in NYC? don’t they live in CT or NJ and commute?

Call me bro these one-off questions are wack

867-5309

But do you think that these roles (CCAR, DFAST, Basel, Stress testing) are more stable than IBD and S&T?

Dude. get a grip.

For starters you seem a fresh faced L1 candidate; you’re a long way off becoming a VP. You prob wont ever become a VP, because not everybody does only some of the best people in the firm do.

A VP within a short time frame is reserved for FO roles and if you’re a pure rainmaker. if your BO or MO there are less VP’s around so expect competition to be increased and expect to work hard for a long time before you start kicking US$200k. If you’re smart enough, work hard enough, liked by your managers and in a growing firm then you could be a VP with 8yrs.

Risk and compliance roles aren’t shrinking anytime soon and there more stable than FO. I prefer a risk role for that reason and the fact i’m not under loads of pressure to hit targets etc.

But dude, you’re prob some fresh face grad with who sucked some VP’s dick one time when he bot a bottle for some model in a club and u thought - ‘Yeah, that’s rock and roll. I wanna be that guy’. Well sure as hell you aint gonna be ‘that guy’ unless you work ur butt off, stop think about how much $$ ur gonna earn and start doing shit about it.

Depends where you work. Corporate titles vary massively by firm. At some places VP is a pretty high level, whereas at other firms practically every non- entry-level worker is at least a VP.