MBA/LAW Degree

I came across this while searching for a good MBA school. Can anyone give me more information on it like what career path do people take with it? and which students go for this program mostly?

P.s. also goes by J.D/MBA

you could probably get a pretty mean job a a bank/consulting/law firm with that. Know a guy doing it at Columbia but dont know what hes looking to do after. Ill ask around

my girl graduated with a political science degree and she is doing that program right now. she loves it I’ll ask her about it

anyone else?

I know a few people who did this at the top lawschool in Canada. If you are the best the payoffs can be amazing in Law. If you are not, it is not worth the extra cost. I am not sure it is worth the extra cost if you go into finance after. My suspicion is that you need to become a practicing lawyer after graduation at a top tier firm to extract maximum value out of this degree.

Sounds like a very interesting combination! However, do you have to write the LSAT in addition to the GMAT? if yes its gonna be a double date in hell before you get in lol.

lol what’s LSAT?

Law School Admission Test

lol

hahaha

Bruce Wasserstein did well with the degrees. He got his JD/MBA from Harvard (he went into M&A). Mitt Romney also did well with a Harvard JD/MBA.

I was looking into it a couple years back and even was studying for the LSAT. You’re going to have to get 170+ (out of 180) and a 700+ (out of 800) GMAT.

If you go to a crappy law/business school it is all a waste IMO. Also, you really need to practice law first after the dual degree. The ideal path is JD/MBA to corporate law (WLRK is a top M&A law firm).

But really much of law is boring as hell. If you get into an M&A firm working with I-Bankers on the legal side you’re going to dream that you were on the business side. You have to really love law.

edwardram wrote:

lol what’s LSAT?

lol

hahaha

Haha ya that was pretty funny joke by Mostafa told it to some friends we started dying of laughter lol …Investment banker at an M&A firm is a very stressful job itself I don’t think I can handle working under such an intense and stressful environment like that but I know it’s very interesting. I was looking into more corporate law than investment banking, I get what you are saying this is a huge step I gotta think about and know exactly what I’m about to get into before doing it I mean I really love business who doesn’t and at the same time law is great but boring to some people

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/index.php

^ the AF equivalent for Law