Applied to HBS, got rejected.

Yesterday.

Lame.

Anyone else doing the application thing this year?

yes

Yep. Not to HBS though. Hacksaw all the way.

you wack son

GMAT/GPA?

730 / 3.75

But from a state school…

I was counting on career progression and charter helping me out.

Same boat here. Currently on R1 waitlist for 2 of the top 10… Rejected by HBS of course.

Waiting to hear back interview decisions for two R 2. 720/3.6, I went to a small private school.

Did you apply to other schools?

Apply to NYU, they take everrrryone

I’m thinking of applying next fall just so I can have a ripcord/fallback option if I’m unable to get my green card. I’d have to get my GMAT score up bigly though to even have a chance at a program worth going to. My score has expired, and even if it hadn’t wouldn’t be anywhere near good enough.

^gmat is only part of the equation

^ yeah but when I took the GMAT the first time around, I had a pretty shitty score, I think 630-640ish, so pretty uncompetitive. Also given my current income, even a top tier program would probably be NPV neutral at best given opportunity cost, it would mostly be a lever to pull in order to change career paths and not have to leave the US when my work visa expires. But in that case the opportunity cost of my income might be nothing if I have to move back to Canada and consequently become unemployed.

At this point I’m pinning my hopes to Trump and his Swamp Cabinet to make US immigration laws more workable, but seems silly to pin hopes to something so erratic and unreliable.

yea hoping that whole green card thing works out for you. its stressful on its own and im sure trump adds an extra layer of stress

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY]

I honestly think that Trump will be a positive for those of us here legally, or at least relative to a Democrat president that would likely be more focused on making positive changes for undocumented immigrants and ignoring legal immigrants (which is what Obama managed over his 8 years). But that’s a discussion for another thread.

For those of you that recently prepped for the GMAT, what providers did you use for books/exams/etc. Are any of them head and shoulders better than other brands?

And Columbia…literally takes everyone.

Is that true about Columbia? GTFO. My boy just got in there with mediocre gmat and work experience

I’ve seen so many mediocre ppl getting in. Basically apply early decision, 99% chance you get in…such a joke.

what are the job ops for columbia?

Its 18% versus 12% at HBS.

I was actually one of those that got rejected from CBS and NYU (not even an interview), but got into LBS. I had good credentials/experience so was taken aback by the rejections at first (+700 GMAT, 3.5 GPA, BB ER background, and proven entrepreneurial experience). I suspect my application may have come off a bit too senior at that point (my old boss even said most people doing an MBA wanted my job). To his point, one of the reasons I withdrew from LBS was that I indeed did feel too senior.

Anyway, @Roberto, you just have to apply to at least 3-5 schools. Sometimes your application is just the luck of the draw by your candidate pool, the admin who reviews it, and what mood the admin was in that day.

Best of luck.