Signed Offer Letter and Negotiations Afterward

So let’s say you were made an offer for a new job (A), you signed the offer letter for job A and have since been offered another more lucrative job (B). Job A is the one you really want, but has anyone had success negotiating compensation for a job after an offer letter was signed and 2-4 weeks before you were scheduled to start job A?

I was just curious how often people try to negotiate for a little more after an offer letter is signed and how typical of a situation this is. Thanks.

Just my honest opinion, but I think this would be a terrible first impression going in, especially if only for a “little more” money. You need to pick either A or B. There is simply no basis for Company A to increase their offer.

^Agreed.

You already accepted the offer. Wait one year and ask for a raise. Otherwise, quit and join B or eat it.

How would you feel if they took your signed offer and decreased because they found an employee willing to work for less? Same thing.

After it’s signed? never. Before it’s signed, all the time.

Also wanted to take a moment and say that NAFTA was one of the worst trade deals ever signed in the history of deals!

Thanks Kanye/Trump 2020

Buying Manhattan from the Indians for a bunch of beads was the best deal in the history of deals. Look at real estate prices now - humans cannot even live here any more, amiright?

For both parties! While we may snicker at how dumb they were, we probably would have just killed them if they didn’t trade it to us. Then again we probably just killed their ancestors anyway at some point.