Another temporary job in banking ?

Hello

What do you guys think about someone taking up a temporary role after having done two different temp jobs? The new temp role is in the middle office where I don’t want to stay too long and is mostly admin operational work, but pay is decent. The pros are money and to have something to do after the current temp job ends, so I won’t have a huge blank period in my career. The cons are the risks of being labeled as a job hopper and not being taken seriously.

I’ve already done 2 different temporary banking jobs in the past right after college, each lasted for about 1 year. I am thinking if it’s about time to stop being a temp and get a good full-time role that I really want. The downside is that I have tried and it is taking so long to find this type of jobs given the current economic climate we are in. Friends with good qualifications who are looking for the same type of jobs are still unemployed. The question is, should I take anything just to be active and maybe leave the temp job when I have something more concrete… :confused:

Temp job is better than no job.

The prior jobs werent temp-to-hire?

Just take the 3rd temp job and spend at least 1hr per day applying to FT work.

The 2 previous jobs they were temps, not try and hire.

That’s the worry. The problem is how to explain why you took something you don’t want to do in your next interview for a different role.

Would you rather just have no job? The desirability of any job is generally in relation to its alternatives. If all your choices suck, you still have to choose the one that sucks least. Of course a full time job would be better. However, if you only have temp job offers, then what are you supposed to do?