Career Advice

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some insight with how I should progress with regards to my career. Currently, I am a CFA Level II Candidate who has 2 years experience working as a Financial Advisor for a large firm in the U.S… Because of the timing with CFA Level II and my desire to transition into analyst/research role, I decided to quit my job(probably a bad idea considering people care if you have a job currently). Anyways, as I am studying for the Level II, I am starting to look for jobs and have applied to at least 100 positions for Investment Analysis/Equity Analysis/M&A positions but have had no luck getting a bite. I believe the main reason is because I don’t have a Finance related undergrad(Psychology) but wanted to see what you all thought was the best step moving forward. What types of jobs should I look for? What can I do in the meanwhile to help better qualify me for a job in analysis? Is going to an MBA program going to be the best bet to give me access to these types of jobs moving forward? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dude… you f’ed up.

I definitely f’ed up in a lot of ways hahaha.

The MBA might help. It’s often seen as a reset button for your career.

When he quit his job, right? If it is a large firm, he could have networked internally to another department.

That’s what I was thinking…

Did you at least say, give me X salary bump or I quit on Y day, or did you just straight up quit?