Potential/Advice

Hi All,

I would like to get some insight regarding my situation.

Long story short, got a Msc in accounting/strategy/finance at one of the most important business school in Europe last year. Before graduation I got a job in a custodian bank ( US bank) as fund accountant in Poland and I accepted it. I passed CFA level 1 in December 2016 and now I am thinking of changing sector (AM/ER). I could find something in the city where I am actually living (even BB) but i do not know how recruiters/managers see the fact that I am working in Poland when I will decided to get back to western Europe. In few words, do you think Poland could be detrimental for my resume? And you think I have little possibility to get a job in western Europe/APAC if I continue to stay here?

Thank you

If they ask why you chose Poland just answer blonde women and do your poker face

No offense but the bigger question is how did you go from getting a Msc from ‘one of the most important business school in Europe’ to being a fund accountant at a custodian bank. To me that raises more questions than “why Poland”. Focus on the real issues here.

If you’re not a native of Poland just say you thought the place as nice but it wasn’t for you/you have family commitments elsewhere.

Oh, an important school.

‘one of the most important school’ Its cool, I didn’t know U of Phoenix had Euro locations.

Very hard to move out of custodian bank back office type of jobs and it can be very depressing the longer you stay. Better start networking now and pass the CFA before it’s too late.