"Early Next Week" Poll

Hi everyone,

Before reaching out to HR about the final decision I wanted to get a market consensus of “We’ll be in contact early next week”.

What day and time is “early next week”.

mon-tue

Any time before lunch on Wed. I’d wait until Wed PM to follow up if you haven’t heard anything by then.

Hate to say it but, it could mean never. Had a phone interview at a hedge fund for an analyst role and the PM said HR would be in touch with me “in a week with information about next steps”. Yeahhhh that was not the case. It’s been like two months. Goodluck though!

it was a test… you failed miserably

After sundar comes Monday brag

1st mistake - talking to HR

Talk to hiring manager or talk to the hacksaw

Under 500MM AUM fund, less prestigious than anywhere I have worked, and less than 3 years old. It’ll be lucky to make it to 5 considering the previous ones the guy ran didn’t. So I think I will be able to survive this miserable failure I’ve sustained.

Probably Monday or Tuesday. Good luck to you MailSnoop.

Well, it’s 4 am on Thursday and still haven’t received a response/decision from my email asking for an update. I’m taking this as a “No”. Oh well, thanks for your input everyone.

Where on earth are you? Asia, I am going to assume. I wouldn’t give up hope yet. Things can happen in the hiring process to where it may have been their intention to “get in touch” this week, however, there could be about 10 different things that got in the way/are more important to them.

My friend in Seattle is in executive level tech recruiting (obviously not finance but probably applicable) and says for a one week turnaround, double it. After that, yeah your guess would be as good as anyone’s

I can tell by your initial post though and the comment I am replying to that you were really hoping to hear back. But the thing is, if you are over hyped about the role, it may have come across in your interview and hiring managers can sense that (even if it was over the phone). This, in my opinion, can subconsciously push them away and/or not really create a sense of urgency to move you through more rounds.

Only you know if you felt that way or carried yourself too anxiously during it, but regardless, hope you do hear back!

IProfit, I’m in hk. This was the final round. In person sit down with entire team.

I

They may be waiting on another finalist before getting back to you. Stay positive.