Would you ever be CEO/COO/CIO/CFO of a public company?

Or would you prefer private PM at Hedge Fund, etc.

Both

Well when you look at the prestige and perks I think they are somewhat comparable. Not exactly comparable but comparable to some extent. Preference will defintely be on being a Fund Manager etc but keeping in view practicality I will be grateful to be a CFO,CEO,COO etc

I think it is probably easier to be an above average manager than an above average fund manager.

I would never expose myself to so much scrutiny. Being the cfo of a private company sounds fun and pays well enough

I’m content being a hedge fund PM, but the only other role I’d consider would be CFO (or CIO) of a public company. Generally though, I wouldn’t want to be in the public eye, and prefer not to be in an operational role at a big company. Would certainly consider if it was a private company though.

i will be a founder/ceo of a hedge fund. with just 3 or 4 good years of riding the bull market i am already worth 100mm given i was managing a med sized fund. don’t have to be a market forecasting guru or investing genius…just have good connections, nice looking resume with great schools, talk and look right and get some massive institutional money. under perform every year after fees but it is all good. then if luck comes smiling down on me, i will catch few years of the bull market. make 100mm in fees and call it a career. done. move to aspen.

I heard thats where the beer flows like wine, and beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of capistrano.

rofl. this is so true. esp the last part.