How proficient do you have to be in C++ for an entry level quantitative analyst role?

Many people say that C++ and Python are must for quantitative analyst roles these days. I am pretty good at Python and will start learning C++.

How proficient do I have to be in C++ for an entry level quantitative analyst role? I am not a CS major…

From this list, which books are must for beginners and are those books going to be sufficient for an entry level interview?

Thank you.

In uni the stroustrup book was the reference textbook it is a good one. If you master everything there you are probably good to go, by then oyu probably will be already hating c++ so visit this golang.org

it aint me

When I saw you replying to a thread on programming…

Jonah Hill – The F?

Not too proficient, you just should be able to express your ideas in code.

Chances are your code as is will never make it to production

i am taking classes to learn python. soon our jobs will be replaced or trimmed by coders or AI. Look at blackrock, goldman and some of the high flying hedge funds such as citadel and two sigma.

What do you do now?

This was a great class that gave a top notch introduction in using Python for various Machine Learning algorithms.

Correct. Being a good quant or programmer depends on having good quantitative skills or being able to write efficient algorithms. The language is largely unimportant. Learning some syntax and saying you know Java is not the same as being a good programmer.

the class in your link is 95%…is this bad or good?