CFA with Audit background - what next?

I am looking for a change and trying to figure our what are my possible career options. I have been with the BIG 4 for almost 8 years and earned the CFA designation during this process. I am looking to move out of the BIG 4 and wanted to know what are my options in the industry. Would like to hear your story if you have had a similar background.

You stuck in audit

Audit? You have any valuation experience? Can possibly move into PE but PE doesn’t even care about the CFA.

the maturity and intellectual level of AF/cfa candidates/charterholders…almost embarrassed to have the cfa after my name…wait I don’t…

you can probably work for transaction team at big 4 or mgmt consulting at your firm. i have seen people move into research since they have very good understanding of gapp and financial statements.

My experience is towards operations and technology in capital markets. It included valuations but more on the IT aspects instead of evaluating the model assumptions

what is gapp?

gaap*

Based on the limited fact pattern you’ve described and assuming you’re looking for the CFA charter to help you in making a career pivot, I’d have to think a transfer to advisory for 1-2 years would be your best next step. Get some experience better aligned with the CFA charter and whatever your long term career goals are. Exit opportunities will present themselves but the CFA charter won’t likely be your golden ticket by itself.