How not to work on campus and not to starve?

I am an undergraduate stduent. Last two semesters, I had to work ~20 hours a week on campus and off campus to make money and feed myself. If I don’t work, I actually have no money and will starve to death. But thankfully, my GPA is pretty damn low because of that. Next year, I really want to bringing my GPA up by focusing on study and not working. Is not working on campus and still being able to eat some nutritional food even possible?

Why don’t you take out a loan and bust your ass in grades so you can get a stellar job and go from there? By the end of my college experience, my grades were so high I started qualifying and received a bunch of grants and scholarships, covering everything.

I’m gonna sound like an Asian parent, but you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and just do what you need to do. Everybody does it. 20 hours/week is ~3 hours/day. That still leaves 20-40 hours for the rest of the week to attend classes/do homework/study. You’re not working hard enough and/or have too many distractions eating up your time (girls, parties, video games, drugs, being lazy, sports, etc). If any of this is true, stop it. If you’re not prepared to work 60 hours in your earlier years, you’re in big trouble. Next, if you’re working 20 hours, then assuming the federal minimum wage of ~$7/hr, you’re still making $140/week, or $560/month. I don’t know if you’re eating lobsters for dinner, but you don’t need more than $100/month for food when you’re broke and in college. Eat Ramen noodles. Buy a bag of rice from Costco for $15 and Tilapia for $10. Throw in some potatoes. Cook every meal. Don’t have time to cook? Do you have time to poop? Yea you do.

You are pulling credit ops money now. Why care about finances, braah?

I used to hustle books at the start and end of every semester. Bedroom looked like a library.

Get a sugar daddy, all the college folks nowadays are doin it right?

Can always sling dope or sell your body. Or both? Best option is dropout and become a Plumber.

cheap food options

• frozen/canned vegetables

• frozen burritos

• ramen

• rice

• beans

• oatmeal

you can do it, son

Had a roommate in college that was on food stamps and near the end of the month would eat nothing but rice from a rice cooker. Worked in the library at school and graduated with a 3.9. Went to law school on debt and is killing it now.

Respect.

Respect that respect.

I had a phase where my income statement was quite red and i literally ate pasta and soyasauce for a few months while in school. The pasta was courtesy of those demos they give on the street. 4 meals per box. Not quite killing it yet but its paying off. You smile about those days thinking back.