Asset Management - Ops Business Analyst vs Compliance Advisor

Hi all,

I am currently working in a top tier Asset Management firm’s Operations as a business analyst which take care on risk/control related topics and project manager on Ops related initiative. Currently there is an outside job opportunity as a Compliance Advisor which focus on trade monitoring, internal control, licensing, staff education, etc. Both company has similar AUM. I am wondering if this is a good move going to the compliance side, I know it is a “hot” sector now but wondering it is sustainable and what will be the exit opps.

Your opinions matters! thanks!

It depends on what you like to do… Personally, I don’t think I would be interested in compliance work, so I would pick the other job. But you might have other preferences. I don’t see either position as having a huge difference in your future prospects.

i feel like the compliance in general but especially work related to trade monitoring, internal controls and education can be effectively and efficiently automated. I actually think your current role is better from reading 2-3 sentences you described above particularly project manager role you do.

Thanks all for the advices. I haven’t been in the job market for quite awhile and that’s my first offer so thinking if it is a good go. I am also thinking if sales/client services in banks/FI could be another option?

And what do you guys think about Sales in Bloomberg/Reuters, etc?

I’ve visited Bloomberg and met the sales people there. Most were happy and jolly and it is an open layout, but its not something I would choose.