Just got laid off...

I was already looking to move, but had the below issues:

1. I don’t want to do IR 2) Been trying to do Corp Strategy or Corp Dev (but keep getting beaten by people with more experience or IBD past) 3) My personal investing style matches mutual funds as opposed to HFs. The mutual fund route is difficult just because of the move to passive funds and I know HFs are not for me. 4) I don’t have programming skills to transition into Data Science (where a lot of people are going)

I feel like I am out of options here? Any advise would be helpful?

First off, sorry you got laid off. Always a tough situation.

As for providing any advice, your post seems pretty vague to offer any meaningful input.

If you are truly out of options, in finance, plumbing is apparently a thriving career.

What was your old job, are you any good at anything, and what realistic options are you considering? Plumbing is legit. So is cyber bullying and “sneaker waves”.

Sorry didn’t mention my background–>Equity research for 2 years, middle office 1 year before

You’re screwed kid

Thanks

Ouch

Keep your chin up and keep interviewing. The right fit can take time. If you’re getting interviews on strategy / corp dev positions, then you’re not getting beaten out by people based on resumes. They might have a leg up based on resumes, but you at least have an opening to steal it with a great interview. Get feedback on previous interviews and learn from them.

yeah OP, keep your chin up. Corp Strategy or Corp Dev is the new golden ticket especially if it is at one of those giant tech firms. Had 1 interview for the job at Microsoft and got first interview was all she wrote. I don’t work for a “top tier fund or bank” and that threw off the in-house recruiter.

its such a shame. “I just got laid” = fantastic, “I just got off” = wonderful, “I just got laid off” = really depressing.

yeah well same with the F word

I just got paid, its Friday night!

brah, its Monday

OP, do you really need that much attention that you will steal a post from Wall Street Oasis? This post is identical to the one on WSO.

https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/my-team-just-got-laid-off

not stealing…ever thought that it could be the same person posting in two different forums…