Emerging and Frontier Markets Equity Asset Managers - Home Office?

I’ve worked in a buy side equity research role for almost 5 years in a frontier market country, focusing entirely on domestic equities. I’ve earned the CFA charter during the time. Now, I’m looking to break into global/regional EM-FM Asset Management industry.

However, for some family responsibilities, it’s not possible for me to relocate to a city/country where such companies usually resides. My current country of residence has no such firms. I know there are some sell side opportunities that allow you to be stationed in your home country and extensively travel across the market when required. I want to know whether there is any such Buy side alternatives.

I know I’ve really narrowed down my options. But, that’s just the reality I’m facing.

Can you list such companies that would provide such opportunities, if there are any.

Thanks.

I like timbits

You just said your country has no such opportunities.

You need to stay in the country you’re in but don’t tell us which country that is. Then you ask us to name companies that may have opporunities in this unknown country. All the while you link to WSO to be sure we know the definitions of Equity Research and Asset Management.

Yeah, good luck pal.

Best bet is probably get in with a SS shop and hope someone takes a shine to you so you can convince them to let you work for them remotely.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As I’m talking home office, I’m open to any financial hubs like HK, SG and such. The ideal deal should be I stay in my home country and be on a digital office in HK,SG or anywhere else that could cater such opportunities, if any.

The links to Equity Research and AM are not intentional. I posted the same message in WSO forum, and copied this version from there. The message somehow got the hyperlinks in the process.

Thank you.

As I’m talking home office, I’m open to any financial hubs like HK, SG and such. The ideal deal should be I stay in my home country and be on a digital office in HK,SG or anywhere else that could cater such opportunities, if any.

The links to Equity Research and AM are not intentional. I posted the same message in WSO forum, and copied this version from there. The message somehow got the hyperlinks in the process.

Thank you.

Thanks

Thanks. I guess you’re right. It’s gonna take a good deal of stroke of luck, I suppose.

Unfortunately, you’re probably right. Good luck though!

Ah, all right then. Still have to give you a -1 for posting on WSO first.