CFA Charterholder looking for a job, any salary

Hi Guys,

I am CFA Charterholder with over 15 years experience in finance, investment accounting, reporting, and financial modeling.

I moved to America one year ago, and I didn’t get any job interview with any employer.

kindly let me know if you have any finance related job with any salary.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks for your understanding.

It is impossible for anyone to contribute anything useful without knowing any real details of your situation.

Probably cut down your work experience a little, you are probably appearing too experienced for the junior roles but not enough applicable US experience to be hired for more senior roles. This is a very difficult position to be in actually, so you gotta finess a little bit with your resume. You may be willing to work for an employer but they know you are going to be extremely discontent with your experience in any junior roles.

work in the back office at one of the I Banks fool.

Wait wait!

Are you on a visitor visa at present?

Thanks Klaudnine for your comment it is highly appreciated.

Thanks street fighter for your comment.

I have unrestricted work authorization, I can work for any employer, and I don’t need sponsorship.

Foreign nationals who have obtained work-based visas, which have been sponsored by U.S. employers, are also eligible to work in the United States.

You have to be sponsored first?

How much do you have in assets? Look, you are some random immigrant guy with no US experience and pushing 40. If you have a few hundred thousand dollars, you are better off buying some Subway franchises than trying to find some entry level job.

Subway??? that franchise is going down the toilet as we speak.

Do Chick-Fil-A instead. That’s what I’m going to own when I come back and re-do my career.

Yes, yes. Anyway, what I am saying is that at some point, you’re just not a good fit for certain jobs and you should consider other ways to earn a living. Subway, man. If only Jared didn’t molest those kids.

^

It’s true and it’s good advice. I’ve seen it first hand with my parents and their friends as I immigrated here as a teenager. Many were doctors, lawyers and business professionals back home, but opened up sandwich shops, gas stations and dry cleaners here (in Canada) with the money that they brought over.

I’m sure its hard to transition from probably a high profile jobs from back home, but it does pay the bills and if you have kids, just remind yourself that you are doing it for them, so one day, they can become doctors, portfolio managers and business executives.

Yeah or food trucks would be even cheaper than that.