Done with CFA and offered a back office role. What should I do?

I completed level 3 in June and recently received the charter. I’m now in the market for a new job. I’m currently working for a small wealth management firm as investment analyst, and sadly the salary is quite low.

I’m on a work visa, so it has been difficult to get interviews, as most recruiters are not excited at the idea of dealing with my work visa application. However, I recently got offered a position as credit operations analyst for a big and well known investment firm. With the CFA under my belt (and MBA from non-top school), I’d rather work in front office role than back office operations. But because of the inability to find a visa sponsor, I feel like my options are limited.

Would it be realistic to make it to front office after a 1-2 years of back office work? Or should I just turn down the offer and keep applying for a front office position?

My advice will be to continue working at your current company and then make a change to an asset management role, if they are willing to sponsor your visa.

Be realistic here. Are you really going to get that front office position? If you even stand a chance, is applying from the operations department of a big firm going to be worse than doing it from your current, pretty low level sounding job?

Run off with Lyanna and get married. Be sure not to tell her brothers or dad so you can surprise them later. Have a great honeymoon!