Serious career advice needed please!

Hey guys, alright I’ll try to keep this brief.

I am currently working in a back office role right now, I’m an L3 Candidate and my current role does not qualify me for any work experience, so I am technically at 0 years experience in the eyes of CFAI.

I have a chance to move onto a job assisting a portfolio associate (who is the associate to an actual portfolio manager…) at a decent sized bank. During my phone interview they told me what I’d be doing wouldn’t really qualify as work experience either, and it would be a pay cut of about $5K -$7K a year; however there would be some EXPOSURE to the world of port. management, which is what I’d like to hopefully one day get in to.

Should I take this role if offered to me and put up with being in another back office type role, or wait for something better to come along? I don’t really have much experience outside of my current BO role right now, so searching is quite difficult, especially with all the competition here.

Thanks!

Stay in the BO role, and brag to your friends that you Passed CFA Level III, all for the sake of “making $5k more” in the next year. Or you can make a strategic move in your career, transitioning into an area that is more applicable to the CFA Charter and where you’ll probably make more money down the road and in the coming years.

#goodluck

Strategize to Win

^ This book any good? Is it practical?