Investment (equity/fixed income) Analyst job in Australia

Hi all,

I am from SEA and currently planning to make a move to Australia by getting myself a PR via skill migration. There are some questions that I have been thinking for quite some times and I would like to clear it off. Any input from fellow forumers are welcome.

My background:

Education: Accounting degree + CA + CFA Level 3 candidate (hopefully i will be able to complete it in June 2018)

Experiences: 3 years in Accounting/External Auditing (Big4) field and 1 year in fixed income research (country’s largest pension fund).

Based on my background, I would like to ask:

Q1. Is it difficult for me to get an analyst job in Melbourne/NSW Australia? If I am a PR.

Q2. What’s the average pay for junior/senior analyst?

Q3. Recruiter stated that they are looking for candidates with PR status. So, may I ask can Visa 489 be consider as a PR visa that allows me to work and live in Australia?

Thank you very much in advance guys.

I have no idea about questions 2 and 3, but there is zero percent chance that you will be invited to interview for a position that requires English writing, if this comment is indicative of your language ability. I’d recommend that you think about which jobs would be a good fit for your background, besides what you think would be an ideal job.

Noted. Never know that I will need to type perfect English in a forum.

Sorry and thanks for the input.

whats wrong with his english?

It’s clear that he is not a proper speaker of English in its proper form. It is possible to overcome this, but the job market is not kind to FOBs.

Ohai you a fob fool too

Yes. That’s why I know.

Thanks for the input mate. May I ask what is his job function in EY? Audit or Advisory?

Yes, 489 is a regional visa and my skill is still eligible to obtain sponsorship from NSW. So maybe I will have to start from NSW first if I get the 489. Still prefer to get 189/190 tho if I am luckily enough to get it.

I can speak/write Indonesian (Malay), Mandarin, Cantonese, English.