Super long vacation a month before start date

So, I’ve made 6 figures in about 2 months off crypto and decided to go to Asia for 25 days at the end of Feb. However, a recruiter reached out to me two days ago (unsolicited) about a new role and now the company wants to do an in person interview. Should I even bother? Idk in what world they would be alright with me possibly starting then going to the other side of the earth for almost a month…

i mean couldnt you just negotiate a start date for when you come back? hiring process is usually fairly long & once i got my gig i still had plenty of flexibility with my start date.

AbrahamIsaac/Stallion spends 2 months in Prague and another month in Monaco every year. Crypto what what.

Anyway, I don’t see why you would not go to that interview. They’re not going to care if you have to go on vacation. Even if you don’t get selected or don’t want the job ultimately, it is useful to meet people in the industry and form relationships. Word of mouth is pretty important. I didn’t appreciate this earlier in my career, but now that I’ve been at it a while, I can recognize the benefits.

When I started my new job, I negotiated a start date and then went to Europe and Asia for a few months I think I’ll always do this for now on

Got vm from external recruiter this morning. They declined interview once I made disclosure of trip LOL probably don’t wanna work with a company that desperate to hire anyway.

**Additionally, my current employer did not approve my request for vacation. Tickets already booked. Looks like I am unemployed!

An unemployed crypto junkie with an affinity for Asian freaks