Investment Start-Up

I’m a level three CFA candidate. I’d like to start my own investment company but I don’t have the capital to do it on my own. I’m Interested in connecting with other CFA charter holders/candidates in the tri-state area (NJ, NY, PA) that are interested in founding an investment company. Please reply back with contact information to discuss if interested.

What qualifications do you have that would make you more successful in this role than other people?

Qualifications have no correlation with investment performance.

As far as success defined as raising capital , it’s all about a gimmick. Bring into your group a compsci nerd with some minor intellectual accomplishment and a BS model nobody can understand, then you just need a sociopathic marketing BSer who can sell it. Bam, the formula!

if you are thinking of opening a financial advisory shop where you will be a financial advisor or client portfolio manager then start knocking on some doors or businesses.

If you’re thinking of opening up a hedge fund…usually I am the anti debbie downer of AF and would like to think of one who gives out some encouragement with constructive criticism…BUT if you want to start a hedge fund…you will not be able…not now at least. couple of my friends and I have been aiming at opening up our own hedge fund since we first stepped into the doors of hedge fund back in 2009.