Master in Advanced Finance IE Business School

Can anyone share information for Master in Advanced Finance at IE Business School? Is the program useful?

Thank you

Hi speedy

I haven’t study in this Business School, but as an spaniard I have some friends and acquaintances that have studied in there. They opinion is good, the school as you can see is a top rank Ft and I believe is a good choice if you are willing to stay in Europe more than in the States.

By the way, do you speak spanish. ?

I can forward you some websites of people who have studied in there.

Good luck

Anyone with experience in this master? I took CFA L3 in June and im waiting for the result. Considering if this master will be useful after CFA (If I pass), which appears to aim for people with more than 5yr of experience or an MBA.

Other concern is the job opportunities that could open to a non european citizen in Spain after this master.

Thank you

why anyone would go for non-generic or not very well known programs is beyond me. If you have to ask about a certain program to an anonymous online forum, it’s probably not that elite and unless you’re after not so elite jobs in finance, you should probably stay away from such programs.

For example, you wouldn’t need to ask anyone or explain to anyone about say Stanford MBA. The word Stanford explains it all.

So, if there is a program or school degree where you need to explain to people around you before you ask for their advice, better just ignore the program from the start.

Bro, IE is a great school and probably top 5 in the Europe and top 10 in the world. I come from the US and it amazes me how little americans know of top schools outside the US. You probably never heard of INSEAD as well?

I would rec their MBA program more than advanced finance program. Like someone else mentioned, it is a great school if you plan to stay in europe. No need to know spanish. I have a friend that went there. They got a job at Nomura and i believe BNP also hires a lot of their graduates. Most of their mba programs go into IB. i am not sure about the profile for advanced finance program. Maybe search for masters on Linkedin and see what jobs those people have and what companies are hiring them. You can probably find their employment stats from their website.

There…you proved my point…indirectly…Don’t do something that people don’t know about because you won’t be recognized for your hard work and talent was my point.