IB for summer associates

Greetings!

I’ve heard about lots of opportunities for summer analysts in BB who can follow numerous routes after the internship. Given that FT offer is still heavily dependent on luck, can you shed a light on the options for summer associates who have 4-5 years of experience outside of “hosting” bank? What is the market’s sentiment of those? How is it easy to break into Tier 2/3 banks, PEs or even MBBs afterwards?

About myself: finance background, going for summer associate internship in at Tier 1 bank in London (therefore would highly appreciate your views on the EU market), in the middle of the European MBAprogram.

Thanks!

So to get this straight, you have 4-5 years of work experience and want to apply for summer programs. It’s going to be much harder than if you were a student. Your chances of getting a full time job, although probably not in IBD, are much higher.

Thanks ohai. Actually, I’m waiting for BB internship this summer as a MBA student. FT offer is a top desire as of now. But, with “what if” scenario, are there any decent options in the ib/pe area if there is no FT offer at the end of the internship.

I think his last line says he’s in (year 1 of 2?) of a European MBA… if that’s the case just do your best to get that summer offer and kill yourself for that FT one. Options afterwards are better than without so just focus on getting a summer position!

Ok, so you have a summer internship, but want to gauge your opportunities should you not get a full time offer from that internship. This seems like a normal situation for a lot of MBA students, and it seems like they normally get some kind of job. You probably should check with your program’s career office to get the actual relevant numbers from previous years.

haha what?

So they just throw names into a basket and pick one?

lol I don’t know about that, my bro.