I got an interview with the help of a 3rd party recruiter

Hi. I am a graduating senior. I found a full-time opportunity on a 3rd party recruiter website and felt that I am a good fit for the opportunity. So I reached out to the recruiter and had the first-round onsite interview with the firm on Wednesday.

Before the interview began, the HR told me that they will invite a few more candidates that week and the last candidate will come on Friday. She said she will reach out to me next Monday or Tuesday with regard to the final round interview.

The interview was pretty difficult because they gave me some technical/case questions that I was struggling. So I thought I did badly and had a little chance of getting the final round interview. And after the interview, the recruiter reached out to me and asked how the interview was and we had a short conversation. Surprisingly, the HR reached out to me yesterday (Friday) evening and said they want to invite me for the final round interivew.

I have like a week until the final round interview and want to be prepared as much as I can. I am wondering if there’s another candidate for the position. I do not want to ask this to HR outright… Instead, I want to talk to the recruiter and say “I really appreciate your help. I was able to get the interview with your help. Do you know if there’s still another candidate?” Would that be a bad question to ask to the recruiter?

What does it matter? Looking for am excuse not to prepare?

prepare like your life depends on it. control what you can

Stop being weird as F. Maybe this is why you were rejected by the other interviews.

Why does it matter? You gonna do something differently if there is 1 other candidate, or 5 other candidates?

Make sure you understand what you did wrong last time. Prepare more. Nail interview.

Or… worry about how many people you are competing against - camp out in a dumpster outside their offices to see who walks in. Stalk all those who might be your age and applying for same position. Figure out what they know. Copy everything they do. Then when it’s time for your interview tell them you spent the last couple weeks compiling information on these people and slept in a dumpster. That will impress the crap out of them, no doubt.

Actually, when I was interviewing for my first job, I followed the manager around in secret for a week, so that I could later impress him with my knowledge of his daily routine, as well as that of his family, including where his daughter goes after school and what she was wearing from day-to-day. Today, not being legally allowed to live within 0.5 miles of a school is a small price for being a successful banker.

+1

I don’t want to throw around medical terms haphazardly but you seem nervous AF all the time. I know in today’s society we’re told to be ourselves but if you’re too weird for risk then something’s gotta change. The final round (ceteris parabis) is usually a question of fit - so try to fit in and stop being so damn nervous.

I know and thank you for your sincerity. I am nervous AF these days because I graduate in like 2 weeks and still have no job… :frowning:

Way better than mine…