resume advice

Updating my resume, and it’s always a good time. Obviously it’s mostly filled up with education and work experience but weighing options between adding either a volunteer section or general interests.

My volunteering was done through the bank I worked for and has never been a program that I’ve been seriously tied to for long periods of time.

To me adding interests seems like BS but a lot of people I speak to say that it’s a good move.

What are your thots

Its always interesting to read a CV with peoples interests…

If its some Asia dude who’s interests are classical music and violin then i’ll prob can his resume and he’ll be a poor fit in our team. If he’s into sport and weights… then i might give him a chance…

Yeah my interests are pretty straightforward: Skiing, fly-fishing, live music. I’m a Colorado guy so they speak to my past. I’m kinda on the edge with interests but on the flip side my volunteer work is mostly one-offs. I don’t really have much room on the CV so it’d only constitute a couple bullet points.

Leaning interests?

I’m going to apply to some job using the composite interests and background of AF like, snakes (snek), clubbing with 6 other dudes to grind chicks, furry, pedo, and crab rangoons.

let me hook you up with my boy Nerdy, that sounds like what he does! maybe his team is hiring!

i think in my old cv i put basketball and dota. i was actually asked to describe dota in an interview as an exercise. also 1 guy asked me if i liked to party. lol