Best Jobs Website

Going to start to begin aggressively looking for a new role. My network is strong locally but I am looking to move out of state so I will basically be cold e-mailing/applying to AMs/Family Offices etc. However, would like to know what job posting websites have high quality front office positions.

I know about OneWire, Efinancial Careers, etc. but would appreciate any input on others. Thanks!

I’d say Analystforum.com. I’ve helped three people secure a new role in the ~10 years I’ve been around.

I was just going to reach out to someone I know from AF about opportunities: ironic. Good call though!

What about LinkedIn Jobs? I’m looking to start applying to NYC in the next 2 months and LinkedIn seems to have some good opportunities.

i’ve only ever used efinancial… that said… get yourself in there with a few recruiters, also take a look target firms jobs sites and apply direct

How useful are recruiters within the Finance/Investment space? It seems that all the recruiters that ever reached out to me randomly either want to fill a junior position or an accounting position.

This is true of bigger houses like Randstad/Rober Half etc. 95 percent of the time they do not fill Front Office finance roles. As someone mentioned, OneWire/Efin careers/Selby Jennings/Direct apply on careers website is your best option for sexier opportunities

Good call!

Has anyone ever gotten a job by cold applying direct to a job online? Feel like that’s a dead end.

Yeah I’ve been looking mainly at LinkedIn and direct career website. I’ll make sure to check out the other ones in a couple of months. Thanks!

How come there is no job board on AF?

It’s private

Igore555 - how do you get access to it? pay for a premium account?

msg neryblop and ask to sign up for the bronze plan free trial

Ok, thanks for the info. i am considering linkedin premium. Anybody here using linkedin premium?

Go to CFA local society websites. There is often a lot posted there that you won’t find elsewhere.

Also, if you know anyone in the distribution channel who could vouch for you, like a wholesaler, ask them. It reflects really well upon them if they can get a good employee into one of their client firms and save the firm the cost of recruiting, so they have a vested interest in working for you.

monster.com still around? lol

I got mine through my local CFA society job posting website. Also looked at “indeed” and literally did a google map search for any financial organization / asset managers - went to their websites, you never know. I had little success with eFinancial Careers. Linkedin didn’t do much for me either. That was 4-5 years ago though.

HAHA apparently yes

Interesting, wonder if I could search CFA society job posting websites that are out of my local area? For instance, let’s say I am in LA but want to find a job in NYC. Would I be able to access the local NYC CFA society job posting website or only LA?

Not sure, but I know my society’s is wide open. Looks like you have to login to see NYC. Not sure how others are.

Yeah, you can. I did that when I was in Florida and wanted to move to the Great Lakes region (CFA Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Cleveland)