Do you have any questions?

Need some help. I always have a tough time thinking of good questions to ask at the end of an interview.

What are some good ones?

Easy, when the guy asks, “do you have any questions”, I quickly blurt out some interview brainteaser that I memorized before, for instance: You’re about to get on a plane to Seattle. You want to know if it’s raining. You call 3 random friends who live there and ask each if it’s raining. Each friend has a 2/3 chance of telling you the truth and a 1/3 chance of messing with you by lying. All 3 friends tell you that “Yes” it is raining. What is the probability that it’s actually raining in Seattle? Answer now! 5, 4, 3, 2…

When the person stammers and fails to answer quickly, I will angrily yell at him, why can’t you answer this? How dare you come here unqualified to interview me? Inevitably, they say, wait… please, give me another chance! At that point, they are so eager to impress me that I can name my terms of employment, including starting salary, which office I want, and how many dogs I can keep in the office. In fact, this is how I got such jobs as producer of the 2006 film Wicker Man. Works every time.

Tank

lol… SCB and Ohai

Dude. What jobs are you going for? What is your experience level?

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

I always ask “I really want this position. Are there any concerns as to why I would not be the number 1 candidate?”

It gives you an opportunity to clear up answers you messed up on during the interview.

Thanks guys.

So far, my list includes:

1. Seattle brainteaser

2. Who is your daddy and what does he do

3. Is that shirt made in China?

Will report back later how it goes.

this is a great 1

Try phrasing it using an open-ended question. If I was a hiring manager that just wanted you out of my office, I’d just say “no, everything looks good. We’ll be in touch.” Instead, just rephrase it so you force an answer. Start with “what” preferably. “Why” is also okay but it can make people defensive sometimes.

One a scale of Obama is actually American - Pizzagate is life, how woke are the members of the team at [insert firm name here]

Yeah using “what” instead of “are there” is more likely to get answers… But I do this same technique

I like this one.

Why do you shop at JC Penney for that busted-ass suit? That one always kills. The interview.