Can HR blacklist someone?

How many applications does it take before a company will just automatically bin your resume? Or, is every application viewed separately with no weight being assigned to the applicants prior submissions?

For example - Schwab keeps posting these dope ass jobs in their Lone Tree Colorado mega-campus. But, I’m always turned down for them - and these jobs are nothing I’m under qualified for.

Have you had your resume reviewed? Does it look legit? (as in the format, layout, punctuation etc.) Usually different recruiters will recruit for separate divisions. So if all of the jobs you apply for are in Equity Research for instance, chances are yeah they know who you are by now lol

They aren’t going to blacklist you per say, but obviously won’t reach out until you match one of their roles well enough. The question I’d ask myself is: After applying to multiple roles at the same company and even in the same division without hearing anything, would you really want to work there at that point? I wouldn’t.

No offense to Schwab, but provided you even have a decent work background that matches roles you apply to and as a LIII candidate, I would think for sure you’d be getting a phone interview minimum. Not like it’s Goldman, Blackrock, Two Sigma, etc.

If they see the same name for the same position many times they may auto ding. It’s more because they have a billion applicants and if they’ve dinged previously it is a sorting mechanism. By applying tons of times to the same role you are making the hiring process more difficult, which they also may not appreciate.

Check for spelling errors in your CV… Get someone to take a look at it too.

Agreed on the Schwab sentiment in this thread. My attraction to that firm is because it’s literally 3 miles away from my house and would be super easy for me to get to every day.

Would one of you mind looking my resume over?

I doubt that those guys will remember your application enough to put you on any kind of list. Most likely, their search algorithms kick you out before any human even looks at your resume.

I mean, everyone knows Schwab, it’s not like they suck but just not a company I’d beat myself up about not hearing something back from. That makes sense though, commute is a HUGE QOL factor in my opinion.

FWIW and just for fun, I applied to one of their openings to see if they reach out. It’s a quant validation modeling role and my background is in RMBS valuation. However, their recruiters may not be keen enough to see the skill set crossover which is actually likely.

I’d take a look at your resume, but honestly, there are more OG finance vets on this forum who probably know better than I. My resume is in the format provided by CBS Career Center. One of my friends got his MBA there and now works for Credit Agricole in NYC using this template. However, there may be better ones out there.

Sounds like your resume doesn’t convey what the screener (human or HR) needs to see to think you are a fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SedQhW-8FY0

burn notice!

You hiring? I heard PHO is pretty lucrative… and quite liquid.