NYC compensation for equity analyst in 2019?

Community, I have been exploring opportunities in NYC and I have found it hard to find objective data as far as compensation (base+bonus). Does anyone have an idea what that would for someone with 6 years + of experienced working as an equity analyst (bth sell and buy side) with an MBA and the CFA designation? This would be at a large mutual fund but any data points would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

base 150k ish low 200s all in w/bonus. If it is quant focused probably more.

$300k median probably for large mutual funds.

it really depends but base should be between 100k-125k. Bonus can be dependent upon many factors…I will speak for HF and PE industry bc this is where I am at…if the fund hits HWM, then your bonus can be at least 200k for all in around +300k. For hedge funds and PE funds, it really depends…The base will rarely go above 175k but I have seen bonuses hit 600k range for people with just analyst title (under 10 yrs exp).

If you join a mutual fund or some bank…I don’t know the details of the bonus but I agree with Ohai - 300k.

10y front office at large bank is $300k to $900k typically, speaking from my direct observation. Keep i mind that a vast majority of bank employees are not at the forefront of the business and are paid lower. Within front office roles, the distribution is sort of normal in this range, with the high range going to only a few people, and the low end typically only reserved for people in underperforming firms or roles. These numbers are aggregated and known generally, and are used by firms when making job offers. I’d guess large hedge funds like Citadel and such would have similar ranges, but higher dispersion, since the same employees move between banks and buy side regularly.

Thank you much, this is very helpful. Seems that base is a range around $150k from I have gathered so far. Cheers all.