Do I need CFA if I’ve already got master of finance in the best local university

Australia: do I need cfa designation if I’ve already got my 2years master of Finance degree from the university of Melbourne?

As I’ve mentioned above, I feel like in Australia employers don’t really value master degrees much but experiences.

However, as I’ve already got one of the best master degree in finance in Australia. And 70% of the knowledge and concepts are overlap with cfa whole 3 level materials.

Below are my questions:

1 Does cfa designation really gonna help me for my future development in Australia if I’ve already got my master of Finance?

2 How do employers value master of finance degree compared with CFA designation in Australia?

3 Some one told me CFA is cheaper version of master finance( which I don’t agree at all). Some one said CFA keep your knowledge up to date and showing your commitment and interest in finance while you working at same time. What do u think?

4 what’s other benefits for getting CFA Designation?

kind Regards

Are you currently employed in finance or looking for a job and is that role generally within the segment of the industry you’d like to work in?

it is true for most employers in most countries… Experience is way more important than a degree. But of course if you have an MBA from I’d say top20 in the US, you can change your career 180 degrees. Full time MBA that is.

You can study CFA if you want. Never hurts to learn or relearn in your case. But I think the best way to go about is to contact your school’s career dev team and also network. Join and attend events in your city and just meet people. It takes time but you’ll be surprise with the connections you make and the help they will give you in the future.