Job opportunities in NYC

Hi all,

Any advice on finding a financial risk manager role? I’m having a difficult time finding opportunities and getting interviews. I tried LinkedIn, eFinancialCareers, CFAI and GARP career services. I’m a FRM and CFA Charterholder and have a masters in computer science from NYU. I’ve worked in risk management and software development at hedge funds for over 10 years. Are there any resources or recruiters that specialize in finding financial risk managers?

Thanks all for your advice.

Moey wrote:

Hi all,

Any advice on finding a financial risk manager role? I’m having a difficult time finding opportunities and getting interviews. I tried LinkedIn, eFinancialCareers, CFAI and GARP career services. I’m a FRM and CFA Charterholder and have a masters in computer science from NYU. I’ve worked in risk management and software development at hedge funds for over 10 years. Are there any resources or recruiters that specialize in finding financial risk managers?

Thanks all for your advice.

How long have you been looking? There are a ton of recruiting agencies in NYC

New York eh? Good luck with that. I heard that if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. I also heard that it’s up to you in New York, New York.

Heh, now it’s stuck in your head…

Financial Planner
BBA (Finance & International Business) 1998,
MBA (With a Global Perspective) 2011,
ChFC® 2018, CLU® 2019
Owns an Independent RIA/Insurance Agency
Series 65, Life, Annuities, Health (Expired 6,63)