How to improve my English ?

Hey guys,

I was wondering how I could improve my English, both written and spoken. Basically I hope to pursue my career in NYC someday and I really wish that by then people would almost confuse me with a native American.
I insist on the fact that I want to be perceived as American and not British, what else shall I do apart from speaking loud for no particular reason ?

I thought about reading a Warren Buffet book or something finance related but not too dry and rather easy to read, although still interesting and not time wasting. Regarding the speaking part I see nothing more efficient than dating and banging a US chick. As you can see my English is already pretty decent but I really have the feeling that most of my sentences do not seem very “native” nor “fluent”… This makes me feel pretty insecure because I know so many other Europeans that literally speak better a English than most Yankees.

yea its really looked down upon when someone has a british accent 

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

fwiw,   “native Americans” are the people we used to call injuns in less enlightened times.

———————————————– Trust God and keep your powder dry ———————————————– Southern by the grace of God

lol

I don’t know. OP sounds pretty Indian rather than British. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Image result for billy madison meme

In order to sound American all you really need to do is speak very loudly and nasally in 1 continuous sound with smoothed out consonants.

But I’d recommend adopting a British accent as that seems to make everyone in the US think you’re more intelligent than you are

Griingo wrote:

In order to sound American all you really need to do is speak very loudly and nasally in 1 continuous sound with smoothed out consonants.

But I’d recommend adopting a British accent as that seems to make everyone in the US think you’re more intelligent than you are

I’d listen to this guy, he strikes me as intelligent.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

raus hier

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

Yeesh, I was joking about the accent, rough crowd here.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

asian friends told me they would go to the ktv every weekend and sing all the backstreet boys hits, seems lame but they wanted it that way

Black Swan wrote:

I thought griingo was Scottish? Then his accent would remind Americans of Braveheart, which would remind us of FREEDOM, and thus immediately ingratiating himself into our culture.

Black Swan wrote:

I think they missed the joke and were just down voting the notion that I’m intelligent.  But yeah, tough crowd

IggyAzalea wrote:

Hey guys,

I was wondering how I could improve my English, both written and spoken. Basically I hope to pursue my career in NYC someday and I really wish that by then people would almost confuse me with a native American.
I insist on the fact that I want to be perceived as American and not British, what else shall I do apart from speaking loud for no particular reason ?

I thought about reading a Warren Buffet book or something finance related but not too dry and rather easy to read, although still interesting and not time wasting. Regarding the speaking part I see nothing more efficient than dating and banging a US chick. As you can see my English is already pretty decent but I really have the feeling that most of my sentences do not seem very “native” nor “fluent”… This makes me feel pretty insecure because I know so many other Europeans that literally speak better a English than most Yankees.

Why would anyone want the american accent? It is absolutely repulsive. don’t debase yourself in front of the ghosts of colonialism

the only people who think the british sound sophisticated are americans because they are naive

a more accurate picture

https://imgur.com/a/HLmMqGR

Sweep the Leg wrote:

Image result for billy madison meme

stealing this. this’ll make my internet arguments so much better.

I’m using AJ hoge’s effortless english course.