CFA and CPA combo to get job?

so I’m thinking of going for a cpa license as well as CFA title (or at least passing a couple exams and putting that on resume). but I hear that this isn’t enough to get a job as a financial analyst. (my understanding is that investment banking needs you to have a degree from a high tier school and networking and is just generally hard to get into, so I’m looking at corporate finance). along with some accounting experience I figure that has to account for something when applying. but what do you guys think? any experience with this?

cpa is better than cfa in that regard. most cos love ppl with big 4 exp. so if ur willing to do 60 hr weeks in audit for a few years, you should be good. shes in corp finance as a diretctor. netting 160k + stock options. woth maybe 40k per year right now. could be more.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Same situation here. I completed CFA and CPA education at the same time. In Canada, CPA education runs about 2 years to finish. It really depends on what your career path is. I took CPA because I have received a job offer upon graduation working in accounting firm. The firm required me to take CPA courses to employ me. But after a couple of years of bean counting, I started to fed up with working in public accounting firm. It’s repetitive and extremely long hours. You will encounter peer pressure of not working over time. You should consider if this lifestyle is what you want. If not, think twice of getting CPA.

CPA and CFA will take you a lot of energy. I am fortunate that I finish both of them when I am relatively young. I could not imagine doing them when I’m at my 30s. So think about if you have future family obligation before tapping into the water of exams preparation. 

convictedreaper wrote:

so I’m thinking of going for a cpa license as well as CFA title (or at least passing a couple exams and putting that on resume). but I hear that this isn’t enough to get a job as a financial analyst. (my understanding is that investment banking needs you to have a degree from a high tier school and networking and is just generally hard to get into, so I’m looking at corporate finance). along with some accounting experience I figure that has to account for something when applying. but what do you guys think? any experience with this?