Series 65 Exam

Has anyone on here taken this exam? If so any info about how difficult it was, how much time you spent preparing and what materials you used to do so would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i took this a few years ago. i think i studied about 4 days and took a couple of practice exams. there is a disc with practice exams, i think. it’s a lot of memorizing regulations… not a fun test but you should have no problems with it if you give it 4-5 days.

Not bad at all. I used STC for my prep.

Get at it ram jam!

4 or 5 days is probably too much time, actually. and i also used stc.

piece of cake. its the 66 that is the tricky one

it is extremely easy.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 4 or 5 days is probably too much time, actually. > and i also used stc. It took me one weekend. Agree, 4-5 day is too much time. Easy exam.

its still fairly easy, but one of those (the 63 or 65), i have been told, has become much more difficult in the past few years than when I took it in 2001. So study but dont stress.

Thanks ladies and gentlemen.

I don’t suppose anyone has tried preparing using just the free online study guide provided by Investopedia? Any thoughts? http://www.investopedia.com/professionals/series65/

“Training Consultants” Google them and will see how great they are. By far the best I’ve heard in relation to the other test prep’s.

Did 3 practice exams and read all of the explanations to the questions in the back of the book. Spent maybe 1 or 2 days on this? Passed first try.

Did it also, 4 days of preparation.

I studied for the 66 (incl 63 and 65) over a weekend and cleared it easy. The exam is not difficult, just…weird imo (content wise). I used STC, book and online exams.

FYI, I just took this exam. I spent literally less than three hours reading Sections 1-5 and 7 of the Investopedia free online study guide (link below) and passed with a score of 90% (68+% is needed to pass). I just took the level III CFA exam so the CFA stuff undoubtedly helped, but I think I might have done OK even without the CFA training. I’ve always done extremely well on standardized tests, but objectively speaking I don’t think this one is at all difficult. http://www.investopedia.com/exam-guide/series-65/investment-advisor-registration/default.asp