CFA vs MBA

Please advise! I just got a degree in history and wish to make the jump to investment banking, portfolio management, or hedge fund management.

If you’ve come here looking for a Minimumweight/Mini flyweight intellectual sparring match you should find some good competition.

My degree is from a reputable online university fyi.

That should give you a leg up around here.

^ LOL you made my day Captain Windjammer. Reputable ONLINE university? Is this some kind of joke? I don’t know what got into me, but I am losing sense of humor these days.

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Please advise! > > I just got a degree in history and wish to make > the jump to investment banking, portfolio > management, or hedge fund management. > My degree is from a reputable online university fyi. Hahaha, I’m loving it. +1

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My degree is from a reputable online university > fyi. Respect!

Cjones???

JTLD??? Nice.

You don’t need a degree to start a hedge fund. I started my own hedge fund and turned $15K into $1.3M. For $19.99 you can buy my book with all my trading tips and strategies. Superior return guarantted.

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You don’t need a degree to start a hedge fund. I > started my own hedge fund and turned $15K into > $1.3M. For $19.99 you can buy my book with all my > trading tips and strategies. Superior return > guarantted. Will you tell me the secrets Wall Street fat cats don’t want me to know?

^Really? send me your e-mail address im interested in purchasing

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My degree is from a reputable online university > fyi. Reputable and online university? What a oxymoron!!

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAvsMBA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My degree is from a reputable online university > > fyi. > > Reputable and online university? > > What a oxymoron!! Unless it’s a joke.

Milos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFAvsMBA Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > My degree is from a reputable online > university > > > fyi. > > > > Reputable and online university? > > > > What a oxymoron!! > > Unless it’s a joke. I got a good laugh regardless.

pretty sure this is JTLD

I get back from a vacation to hear JTLD is banned and to top it off, I get to read this Daj drivel about MBA vs CFAs. Guy should have had the handle, “SearchFunction”. Total dbag! Yeah man, get your MBA from U of Phoenix (use search function) and you’ll be running the treasury in no time.

considering ur minimal quant background, get an MBA.

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pretty sure this is JTLD JTLD would’ve been on post #3 (or 30) by now.

mathie4life Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > considering ur minimal quant background, get an > MBA. If you want to talk math trash go to a quant forum. There you can find Stanford Physics PhDs who will mock your quant background.