NY's hidden rich people

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/meet_ny_hidden_rich_people_OJXkugcOZYjOP49cIJxkNN/0 PERSONAL TRAINER Alex Reznik, 41 Complete Body, Manhattan Salary: $300 an hour, between $200,000 and $250,000 a year CHAUFFEUR Joseph Diorio, 56 Matchbox Limo Inc., Bensonhurst, Brooklyn Salary: $250,000 a year/up to $20,000 a day STRIPPER Kristen Colapinto, 29 Rick’s Cabaret, White Plains Salary: $150,000 a year — and that’s in about eight months. The other four are vacation and side projects.

I dont live there but I wouldnt call 150K in White Plains “rich,” considering a lot of the Morgan Stanley execs probably frequent that strip club.

150K is still more than what 75-80% people make in US.

I guess high school guidance counselors should be laying out the following career path: Graduatation - 35: Stripper 36 - 50: Personal Trainer 51 - 60: Retire as part-time Chauffeur 61+: Retire completely on your $8MM+ in career earnings.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 150K is still more than what 75-80% people make in > US. True, all things considered she aint hurting (until after the “side projects” that is).

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 150K is still more than what 75-80% people make > in > > US. > > True, all things considered she aint hurting > (until after the “side projects” that is). She is also taking like 4 month vacation every year and 150K is a good amount for 8 months and that too working only 4-6 hours. Plus free booze

Yowzaaas * Firefighter: José Prosper, $135,258 in 2008. Base salary $66,683, plus overtime.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yowzaaas > > * Firefighter: José Prosper, $135,258 in 2008. > Base salary $66,683, plus overtime. Pretty good nomenclature if you ask me. He he

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 150K is still more than what 75-80% people make > in > > US. > > True, all things considered she aint hurting > (until after the “side projects” that is). $150K is at about the 95th-96th percentile of household income.

Jscott24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > STRIPPER > Kristen Colapinto, 29 > Rick’s Cabaret, White Plains > Salary: $150,000 a year — and that’s in about > eight months. The other four are vacation and side > projects. Are there pictures of the stripper? Have to be pretty hot to pull that off

Yeah but cost of living adjustment is not included… to be rich in bumble Nebraska you probably have to make 50K

ValueAddict…agreed. In all honesty, you can live comfortably in this area on $150K, but you’re far from what I’d consider “rich.”

300k is not rich… 500k is not rich.

the minimum threshold for rich is being able to live comfortably without working. otherwise you’re a slave for 8+ hours a day. that aint rich. i suppose the ABILITY to live comfortable without working also qualifies as rich

define comfortable.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 300k is not rich… 500k is not rich. may be in your term but someone who is making 7$/hr standing 12hr/day at Burger king will think 100K as rich. For them if someone is driving BMW/Mercedes is rich. I am sure someone making 10m/year will think that he is not rich as many people make more than that.

rich and comfortable are highly relative terms, we are all chumps compared to Bill Gates, but kings compared to some third world peasant

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Jscott24 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > STRIPPER > > Kristen Colapinto, 29 > > Rick’s Cabaret, White Plains > > Salary: $150,000 a year — and that’s in about > > eight months. The other four are vacation and > side > > projects. > > > Are there pictures of the stripper? Have to be > pretty hot to pull that off I’m sure you can visit their website where they have pictures of all the girls, I think I’ll wait until I get home

i agree that rich and comfort are relative terms, but i think one of the greatest power of money is the freedom it can give you…freedom from having to work. I consider that level the starting point of rich. somewhat arbitrary, but yeah, you can be rich somewhere and average or below average somewhere else. but the guy in a third world country with his many servants is still living the life of a rich man, although he may have less money than joe blow in the USA. average people in the USA have more technology, better healthcare, and life expectancy than kings centuries ago. but the peasants had to labor while the king didnt.

I think the economic principle is that as income increases so does the demand for leisure. L1 FTW!