Dumb excel charting question

I have a stacked graph that adds up revenue in components, however I want data labels that show percentage of total revenue (as opposed to to the actual revenue of the component that pops up) Anyone know how to do this?

I do not. However, I need to figure out how to get rid of the “0” at my axis intersect. My principal chewed me out for 5 minutes because I had two “0’s” at the axis intersect.

@ Jscott24: You’ll have to create another column in your datasheet that is % based. Then source the chart from there and set your y range to 0-1 (i.e. 0% - 100%)

^right that’s the long way…but I know this is possible because I’m looking at it, some silly banker gave it to me…

Try this website…may help… http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/

You just choose that type of graph ie where all the bars are of equal height

Well, almost giving up but I’ll try to do a visual Y axis $100M $80M $60M $40M X Axis 2007, 2008, 2009 Stacked column with data labels 20% 30% 50%

How do I break an X-axis? I am displaying CAGR for 13 companies and the avg falls to about 10% but one company has 213% and it is killing my chart. HELP!

^set the axis maximum value to a number just above your next highest CAGR. right click on the x-axis, click ‘format axis’ and it’ll bring up the box to the max value – it’s probably currently set to ‘auto’.

nuppal thanks for the excel models in the other thread, i think they are a good base “that being said”, you’re killing me here

I already set the max-min, my graph is getting killed due to this f*cking CAGR…

oh i see. is it an unweighted average? maybe weight by something meaningful like mkt cap?? or if it’s an outlier, show the average including and excluding that company.

…you could add a secondary axis and plot that series on that one… just select series and I believe in the format menu it will allow “plot on secondary axis” option access != axis :slight_smile: typo

I haven’t tried it, but here’s a complicated way to at least make it look pretty: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh i see. is it an unweighted average? maybe > weight by something meaningful like mkt cap?? or > if it’s an outlier, show the average including and > excluding that company. This is what I ended up doing, I have two charts now, one with and one without. My principal was adamant that we include this company on the chart. It is unweighted. Y-Axis is Op. Margin X-Axis is CAGR over a 3 year period Point size is dependant on 08 Revenue.