Bloomberg remote access

does anyone ever use Bloomberg via remote access, say working from home and logging in through a VPN? is that feature possible, or do you have to be at the terminal

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does anyone ever use Bloomberg via remote access, > say working from home and logging in through a > VPN? is that feature possible, or do you have to > be at the terminal Used it on my iPhone a few times when I was in school. Pretty neat.

You need to sign up for Bloomberg anywhere. They give you a “B-Unit” to check your fingerprint. It cost extra I’ve hear $125 but I’m not sure if that’s monthly or annually. Its soft dollarable so your company should have no problem letting your clients pay for it. Type: BA (GO) to set it up.

We are all set up as Bloomberg anywhere users here. You can access everyhting but TOMS

I just VPN into one of my computers @ work and VNC to the bloomberg terminal. Works fine.

There is no contractual difference between B anywhere and the fixed solution. The only difference is the B-Unit. At least thats what they tell me. I am currently evaluating a couple of data providers.

Bloomberg Anywhere and terminal are different since I just sign up for the Anywhere. BBA costs $1600/month in US and my company just signed me up and get the bunit for working from home.

The distinction in terminals is Open Bloomberg vs Bloomberg Anywhere. Bloomberg Anywhere has the B-Unit and is a single user terminal, it cannot be shared by other users while Open Bloomberg can only be accessed from a single computer but can be shared by as many users as have created logins from that machine. Effectively user specific for Anywhere vs terminal specific for Open.