Associate Vs Senior Credit Analyst

Associate Vs Senior Credit Analyst Who is more senior in the investment career bath? I see some firms use associate as an entry level, other begin with the analyst position first, then senior analyst and then associate. What do you think??

For research, I’ve seen mostly Associate -> Analyst.

I seem to recall that the titles sometimes reverse order on the buy side and the sell side. I believe on the buy side, Senior Analyst is pretty high up there, often for people who could be PMs, but prefer doing analysis on investment ideas to actually managing the portfolio. On the other hand, an analyst on the sell side might be junior to an associate.

Any other thoughts?!!

Why don’t you just ask the company that has these positions? Check out the company website or something. Shouldn’t be that hard to find.

Following up on my previous post, I agree with others in that associate vs. analyst can often vary by firm, but more frequently in terms of buy-side vs. sell-side…it really depends on the firm so if you’re comparing opportunities, you’re probably best off (1) asking the firm, and (2) comparing the differences in job responsibilities